Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides direct technical assistance to small business clients in the research and development of responses to Federal, State or Local, contract proposals.
- Advises clients in micro and small business management practices, methods, and techniques in compliance with all relevant business, guidelines, and standards specific to winning contract solicitations.
- Participates in the development, promotion, coordination, and delivery of small business management training programs and workshops.
- Coordinates and/or participates in efforts to build relationships with area businesses to establish and develop contract training opportunities.
- Participates, as assigned, as a member of community groups and organizations to promote local business and economic development within the service area. Builds relationships to generate clients for program.
- Monitors operational activities and effectiveness of results, and prepares reports as appropriate.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Two years of professional full-time teaching experience in general business or small business development.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) software.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Experience in business consulting with a specialization of contracting management.
- Experience conducting trainings and workshops on key procurement topics.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
- Experience in procurement, preferably in an award winning business setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of small business ownership, management, and practices.
- Knowledge of contracting and procurement processes including finding, responding and managing a contract.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to individuals and groups
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to gather data, maintain records, and prepare reports and other written materials.
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments.
- Ability to conduct market research and analysis.
- Ability to develop training presentations and programs.
- Ability to utilize data and information to make decisions and projections.